Day 149 of OUR 365 Day Odyssey
I usually begin this post with an image of the Mona Lisa listening to her iPod, with her famous smile, and I follow that up with a picture (submitted by one of us) that gives us pause to breathe. But today’s Art of Breathing is a little different. Using Julie Andrews as a vehicle (it’s like using a veggie burger as a vehicle for my love of ketchup), here is a post of…
my favorite birthday things (all of them make me smile):
Starting from the left upper-corner (in no particular order):
- Banana Pudding! I made banana pudding (with Jimmy’s help) for the very first time and it was just too awesome to even talk about. I got the recipe from Maya Angelou, she gave it to me personally (I wish), it was printed in O Magazine. If you want the recipe, just let me know and I will send it to you. Everything is from scratch even that lovely meringue you see. By the way, the banana pudding was even better the second and third days.
- My birthday table. We always arrange our gifts on the kitchen table (a tradition started by my mother) and my “birthday table” was just lovely this year. Thanks, Jimmy!
- Melvin the goat. My family adopted Melvin for me for my birthday. Melvin was rescued from extreme conditions of neglect. You can read Melvin’s story here. So, I am now the mother of a chicken, a goat, and a boy; it really doesn’t get better than this.
- A scrapbook about my grandfather, who died at Iwo Jima, and my grandmother put together by my Aunt Penny. This gift is so meaningful and she spent so much time on it. It is important to know our stories and now I know another part of mine.
- Robbie (my son) and Tricia (his fiance) put together a photo album/scrapbook for me. The first page says, “In the beginning there were only two, and then our clan grew and grew”. Yes, there were more than a few tears shed and their thoughtfulness and the love that went into this gift are so appreciated. I am lucky indeed!
- Practice kindness cards. Little cards to use each day to pass on a kindness to someone else with the hope that they will do the same.
- Mat for me to use while doing the 30 Day Shred. My knees and back are going to be so much happier.
- My second birthday cake. You can see my first one here 🙂
- Farm Sanctuary t-shirt made out of the softest organic cotton I have ever worn. A compasionate world does begin with you 🙂
- Two solar lanterns (I don’t have a picture). They charge all day and shine all night – thanks Dana & Greg.
Have a great Sunday. Good luck finishing your Boot Camp Challenge!