Today’s post is dedicated to fun! At least I consider it fun :). Awhile ago I was looking for training videos to explain some of the boot camp moves we were doing in our challenges when I came across a Nike training video. The video, which was just a short clip, showed athletes demonstrating training exercises for different sports. It looked fantastic so I headed over to nikewomen.com to watch some of the videos. I soon learned that you have to sign up with nikewomen.com before you have access to the Nike Training Club, i.e., the videos and training programs, which was fine by me.
After getting totally frustrated with the “fickleness” of the Nike website (you would think that Nike, with all their money, would have a fantastically easy to navigate website, and one that is not a bit fickle, you would think that, but you would be wrong) I figured out the sequence which must be followed to sign up and start your training program. Should you choose to accept this mission (sounds like a line from Mission Impossible — Do you remember that show? — After receiving the mission instructions the tape would self-destruct — but I digress) and sign up for the Nike Training Club, you will then thank me for figuring this out for you.
So what do you get if you join the Nike Training Club?
1) You get to create your own mini, which is fun in itself, but even better, when you are looking at your videos/programs your mini does all sorts of exercises on the screen, and speech bubbles appear above her head saying things like, “You get out what you put in” or “Stick it out just a little longer”.
2) You get access to some totally awesome, and I really mean this, totally awesome training videos with unique and fun new ways to train. You can train for a sport: soccer, tennis, track (the training videos for each of these sports are really good), or you can train for Dynamic Sport Conditioning (cardio, strength, stamina), or you can train for Dynamic Yoga (cardio, strength, stamina). The Dynamic Yoga training program was created by Jay Blahnik one of the fitness industry’s top professionals.
3) You can create your own training programs and keep track.
4) You can invite (challenge) your friends to join you in finishing your programs.
If you decide to join the Nike Training Club, and who wouldn’t, here’s how:
- Go to nikewomen.com.
- Click on “login” to register.
- Only after you have successfully registered — click on “Training”, then click on “Nike Training Club”.
- Click “Get Started”.
- Create your mini and follow the directions.
Here are some screen shots from my program to give you an idea of what is available and just how cute my mini is in action:
Have some fun today! If you join the Training Club you can friend me: KarmaGirl.
P.S. I tried to share the Nike Training videos with you via this blog, but Nike’s embed code doesn’t work right and the “direct link” for the videos just takes you to the “Get Started” page. Who would of “thunk it”?