On last night’s episode of the Biggest Loser, Bob invited the contestants who had fallen below the yellow line to his house for dinner. When they arrived at his door, Bob greeted his guests with, “Welcome to Bob’s World.” I was so envious! I wanted to go to Bob’s World :).
Of course, everyone wanted to see what was inside Bob’s refrigerator. Not surprisingly the fridge was lean and spare. Bob explained this is because he only buys food with a very short shelf-life (less than 2 weeks), which he advised all the BL contestants to do in order to eat healthy foods.
Makes about 14 cupcakes
5 organic egg whites
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
For the frosting
1 cup nonfat cream cheese
1/2 ripe banana
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl and using a handheld mixer whip the whites on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until the whites begin to lighten up and hold their shape.
- Increase speed to high and whip in the salt and honey until the whites hold a soft peak, then add the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the yogurt.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl combine the flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the egg whites a little at a time, gently folding them in with a rubber spatula.
- Once fully incorporated, scoop the batter into cupcake tins lined with cupcake papers.
- Bake the cupcakes for 15 to 20 minutes or until they have colored and gently spring back when pushed with a finger.
- Remove from the oven and cool the cupcakes at room temp.
- Mix the cream cheese and the banana in a medium mixing bowl until well incorporated, leaving small chunks of banana throughout the frosting.
- Once cool, spread a little of the banana frosting over the cupcakes and serve.
Total Fat 0g
Sat Fat g 0g
Total Carb 10g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Now, after eating those cupcakes you are going to need something to help you burn those calories. Check out this video from My Trainer Bob.