“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Hint #1: This person was a great philosopher.
Hint #2: This person lived to serve others.
Hint #3: This person advocated love and non-violence.
Can you guess who it is? Click here for the answer.
On this Meatless Monday, lessen the suffering of others by eliminating meat from your meals and “be the change”.
Why not try Zucchini Strips Baked with Thyme & Basil?
Check out the video from the Urban Organic Gardener for instructions on how to make this luscious squash dish!
And here’s the recipe:
- 3-4 small zucchini or 2 large
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme or tablespoon of dried
- 3-4 leaves of basil or tablespoon of dried
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- Dash of sea salt and pepper
- How to make:
- Chop up garlic put into a small jar or dish.
- Squeeze lemon over garlic. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Cut up zucchini into rounds or strips.
- Add thyme, chopped up basil, olive oil, salt and pepper to lemon garlic mixture.
- Pour it over the zucchini to cover and toss it.
- Put in oven at 400 for 15 minutes.
- Flip strips and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove and serve..
- You can put this over pasta, rice, a salad or eat it on its own.
So try something new on Meatless Monday – something healthy and good for you – and something that will create good karma and peace in our world.